ABOUT BERNHARD KERRES
Bernhard Kerres is a sought-after executive coach and keynote speaker based in Vienna, Austria. He was the first opera singer to become a C-level executive of multi-million Euro tech companies. And he was the only artistic director of a world-leading concert house to bring his startup to Silicon Valley.
Bernhard started his career as an opera singer and had the opportunity to perform with stars such as Agnes Baltsa and José Carreras. After his MBA at London Business School, he went into strategy consulting for high-tech and telecom companies with Booz & Co. Kapsch CarrierCom, the Austrian telecom system integrator, hired him as CFO before he became CEO of the stock-market listed M-Tech AG in Germany. In 2006 he was appointed Artistic Director and CEO of the Vienna Concert House, which he led into its 100th season. He left the Vienna Concert House to create the classical music startup HELLO STAGE.
Bernhard is an Executive Coach working with business owners, executives, entrepreneurs, scientists, and musicians. He works with a strong network of experienced coaches and consultants, mainly on leadership, purpose, and high-performance teams.
As a keynote speaker, Bernhard focuses on innovation and leadership. His keynotes often draw on examples from the music world. He regularly teaches leadership for executive programs at London Business School and published several articles on the subject of music and management. He is the Program Director for 4 Fellowships 4 Entrepreneurs of the Ludwig Boltzmann Gesellschaft, a year-long program supporting scientists in developing their ideas into startups. His book, “Be Your Own Manager,” contains essential career advice for classical musicians. He is a guest lecturer at the Music University in Karlsruhe and a regular guest at the Showa University of Music in Tokio teaching career management.
Bernhard Kerres was awarded the Order of Bernardo O’Higgins by the President of the Republic of Chile and the Austrian Cross of Honor for Science and Art by the President of Austria.
Bernhard is a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) of the International Coaching Federation and a Member of the International Council of Psychotherapists.
- Vesta Orchestra and Opera Foundation, Lagos, Nigeria – Trustee
- NOVA ORCHESTER WIEN (NOW!), Vienna – Advisory Board
- Merito String Instrument Trust, Vienna – Advisory Board
- Fluid Foundation, Maastricht, Netherlands – Board
Current Guest Lecturer Positions:
- University of Applied Science for Management & Communications, Vienna, Austria: Coaching Application, in the Master’s Program Organisational & Human Resources Development
- University of Music Karlsruhe, Germany: Career Management and Entrepreneurship
- Showa University of Music, Tokyo, Japan: Regular Guest Lecture on Career Management and Entrepreneurship
Degrees and Certificates:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), London Business School
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC), International Coaching Federation
- Practitioner, International Council of Integrative Psychotherapists
- Professional Certificate in Teaching for Researchers, Cambridge Centre For Innovation and Development
- CPD Certificate in Single Session Therapy
- Certificate in Group Coaching
- Certificate in Executive Coaching