1:1 coaching is the most well known form of coaching. I see it as a conversation of equals to work towards the goal, a client has set for her/himself.
Before starting a coaching partnership I encourage potential clients to meet with various coaches for what is called a Chemistry Session. I call it a coffee session for obvious reasons. But there is also tea or soft-drinks. A chemistry session gives the client and the coach the opportunity to get to know each other and to explore, if they would enjoy working together.
Once a client has chosen to work with me, I suggest to work in three phases:
- Goal Setting: In the first phase we establish a common understanding of the goal the client wants to achieve. We then develop a workplan and a timeline for how and when we want the goal to be achieved.
- Exploration: The main part of our work together will be on exploring ways to reach the goal and to proactively work on it. Sometimes this requires revisiting the goal or sharpening it, but this is part of the process.
- Anchoring: Towards the end of our work together, we will be close to have reached the goal. We will work on anchoring the achieved goal, so that it can be called upon easily at any time.
Some clients like to come back regularly for reflection on how they are doing with their goals in daily life.
My Coaching Areas
- Working in High Performance Teams
- Innovation and Digitalization
- Career Transitions
- Personal Presence and Presentation